Facts About SJCTA
- The Creation of St. Joseph County Transportation Authority Allows resources for our county.
- Our Barrier Free services are for everyone!
- We provide Free rides to the polls for voting.
- The Fleet consists of 21 Buses and 4 Mini Vans.
- We transported over 96,042 riders in the 2013-2014 fiscal year.
- Millage funding is 1/3 of our total budget.
- Yearly Budget is $1.5 million.
- Funding sources for SJCTA are state and federal operating assistants, fare box, contracts, Area Agency on Aging and local funds.
- Improvements coming to SJCTA: 2 New Buses
- 2 New Mini Vans, the large city bus for the Sturgis Circle Line route.
SJCTA also provides transfer rides to Kalamazoo County for customers wishing to go there.
Beginning 2015 the amount of money employees can have deducted before Federal Income and FICA taxes form their paychecks to pay for transit costs-if the employer offers such a benefit- is $150 beginning 2015. Give us a call for more details.